Welcome to Air Force Angels! Please Login or Register! If you are not a member we'd love to have you. Air Force Angels is a great forum for those great Air Force girlfriends, finances, and wives out there looking for some great support from other girls and for some wonderful life long friends.

Please, if you're new and would like to register no last names are to be used in your username or anywhere in the forum other then pms. Thank you!

HomeSearchAirforce leaders RegisterLog in

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Facebook Fan Page!
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top posters
AirmansGirl2010

kristen

LovinMyFlyBoy

Jenn

Airmankisses

scgrits488

Chrissy

AFA1015

Maegan2010

meggie007

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» my husband is air traffic control
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am by Jaymee

» AFA IS CLOSING IT'S DOORS FOR GOOD
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am by Jaymee

» Letting all branches Join?
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm by scgrits488

» Possible New Names for AFA ??
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm by scgrits488

» sad sick baby boy
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am by Jaymee

» April
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 am by Jenn

» Eeek!
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Wives Orientation
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Couldn't be happier.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

Most active topics
The Lady below me!
QOTD
Free Siggy Offer!
Never Have I Ever
Adopt a US Soldier
Be Thankful!
Single...
"The Pill"
Skype Group Chat?
He's been cheating
Donate
Military Resources
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.

Share | 

Letters?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Letters?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 pm

So here's the deal ladies. Since I still don't have Tyler's address for BMT yet, I've been writing letters as the days go by so I can send them all out together ASAP once I get the address.
Right now I'm up to 5 letters and most of them are 3 to 4 pages in length.
Should I just stick them all in an envelope together and just put extra stamps on it since I know it'll weigh over the one ounce limit?
Or should I stick them all in separate envelopes with one stamp each and mail them out that way?
I just don't want the letters to get separated in the mail or something. Like I don't want him to get letter #5 first and then get letter #1 two days later or something.
Suggestions?

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=lf#!/cjwallis2010
Jenn
E8 Senior Master Sergeant
E8 Senior Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 pm

mail them individually and then #1 one day and then #2 2days later #3 3 days later etc. that's what I'd do to space them out.

Photobucketcomments

Back to top Go down
http://www.airforceangels.com
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Jenn wrote:
mail them individually and then #1 one day and then #2 2days later #3 3 days later etc. that's what I'd do to space them out.

I thought about doing that, but the only problem is that my letters would always be like a week behind then. =/

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:12 pm

What about if I sent them all together in a big manila envelope?
Are they allowed to get those in BMT?

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 pm

It depends on how thick it is. I'd say Mail them individually. We got in trouble if we received anything that looked like a package. You had to open it in front of the flight and show the TI that it wasn't contraband. Then you got yelled at because people sending you stuff didn't follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:53 am

To be honest, the manila envelope does not sound like a good idea. It could draw to much attention to him.
When I wrote Nick a letter, I would write the number of each letter on the top of the letter, so he would know the order. I started with 1 and went to, I think, 58?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:58 am

Split them like in half or in fourths and send them in different envelopes on the same day
Back to top Go down
LovinMyFlyBoy
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 am

Maybe just space them a day apart and maybe number them in case he gets more than one at once so they stay in order.

Back to top Go down
kristen
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 pm

LovinMyFlyBoy wrote:
Maybe just space them a day apart and maybe number them in case he gets more than one at once so they stay in order.
What she said I'd definitely number them but not send them all at once in case it's too big! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:21 pm

I had the same problem when Scott was at BMT I started the day he left and I had 5 letters by the time I got his address. What I did was seperate them into two envelopes and of course on the letters I put the date I wrote it so he knew the order to read them. He got both envelopes the same day. And while he was in BMT I would send cards from me with pictures, a card from the dog with pictures and a letter (4 different envelopes on the same day) and he said he got them on the same day. I wouldnt use a manilla envelope though he could get in trouble for it. Hope this helped
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Kellyyymarie wrote:
I had the same problem when Scott was at BMT I started the day he left and I had 5 letters by the time I got his address. What I did was seperate them into two envelopes and of course on the letters I put the date I wrote it so he knew the order to read them. He got both envelopes the same day. And while he was in BMT I would send cards from me with pictures, a card from the dog with pictures and a letter (4 different envelopes on the same day) and he said he got them on the same day. I wouldnt use a manilla envelope though he could get in trouble for it. Hope this helped

Thanks girl! This helped a lot! I ended up dividing them too. It's good to know that Scott got them all on the same day. That makes me feel better! Now I'm just still waiting on the address to come through...

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Yeah my first 2 envelopes were pretty big but they went through fine, I cant remember how many total pages but I think 5? and maybe some pictures.
Cause I wrote almost everyday until I got his address.
Ugh i remember that treacherous time... UGH Impatient thats how I felt.
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

likeomgcool wrote:

I let it go for awhile, but now I'm getting angry about it again. Ugh! I'm gonna call Lackland tomorrow to see if they can give me his address over the phone. The last time I called, they said that in a week he'd be in the system and I could get it then. Well, tomorrow it'll be a week exactly so I'm calling!!!

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:33 pm

AirmansGirl2010 wrote:
likeomgcool wrote:

I let it go for awhile, but now I'm getting angry about it again. Ugh! I'm gonna call Lackland tomorrow to see if they can give me his address over the phone. The last time I called, they said that in a week he'd be in the system and I could get it then. Well, tomorrow it'll be a week exactly so I'm calling!!!

Will he get in trouble for that though? I was gonna do the same but people told me it might get Nick in trouble...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm

likeomgcool wrote:

Will he get in trouble for that though? I was gonna do the same but people told me it might get Nick in trouble...

Nope. He probably won't even know. I had some of my friends that couldn't get my address call and I had no clue until I was home. Personally it kinda weirded me out since we weren't really that close of friends. I mean I appreciated the letters, but felt kinda stalked. I could definitely understand a wife/girlfriend/SO doing it.
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:20 pm

likeomgcool wrote:
You know, the AF has so many things Airmen "might" get in trouble for. It's utterly ridiculous. At some point, they have to stop freaking babysitting their men and trust them to do their jobs without being up their asses all the time.

Dallasrocks wrote:
Nope. He probably won't even know. I had some of my friends that couldn't get my address call and I had no clue until I was home. Personally it kinda weirded me out since we weren't really that close of friends. I mean I appreciated the letters, but felt kinda stalked. I could definitely understand a wife/girlfriend/SO doing it.
Good! I'm glad to know it won't cause any issues. Besides, I'd be pissed if they threw a fight about me calling. But the guy told me to call back in a week, so hopefully I'll get ahold of it tomorrow. =]

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters?   

Back to top Go down

Letters?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: AirForce Life :: BMT & Tech School-
Jump to: