Welcome to Air Force Angels! Please Login or Register! If you are not a member we'd love to have you. Air Force Angels is a great forum for those great Air Force girlfriends, finances, and wives out there looking for some great support from other girls and for some wonderful life long friends.

Please, if you're new and would like to register no last names are to be used in your username or anywhere in the forum other then pms. Thank you!

HomeSearchAirforce leaders RegisterLog in

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Facebook Fan Page!
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top posters
AirmansGirl2010

kristen

LovinMyFlyBoy

Jenn

Airmankisses

scgrits488

Chrissy

AFA1015

Maegan2010

meggie007

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» my husband is air traffic control
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am by Jaymee

» AFA IS CLOSING IT'S DOORS FOR GOOD
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am by Jaymee

» Letting all branches Join?
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm by scgrits488

» Possible New Names for AFA ??
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm by scgrits488

» sad sick baby boy
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am by Jaymee

» April
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 am by Jenn

» Eeek!
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Wives Orientation
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Couldn't be happier.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

Most active topics
The Lady below me!
QOTD
Free Siggy Offer!
Never Have I Ever
Adopt a US Soldier
Be Thankful!
Single...
"The Pill"
Skype Group Chat?
He's been cheating
Donate
Military Resources
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.

Share | 

I had the BEST weekend of my life!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:30 am

I just got back from Texas about an hour ago. I have so many stories and pictures for y'all! This is going to be a really long post, so I'll just break it down into days.

Wednesday:
I got done with school around 11:30ish, I made it over to Nick's around 12:15. We were SUPPOSED to leave around 1:00, but Nick's mom wasn't there. So we didn't end up leaving until around 2 pm.
(Just on a side note: Nick's mom is extremely weird! And really annoying. Seriously, she has something wrong with her in the head. Nick can't stand her because she can be a TOTALL bitch sometimes.)
So, we finally get a start on the SUPPOSED to be 8 1/2 hour drive from New Orleans to San Antonio. Nick's mom stopped 5 times to eat. FIVE TIMES. And then, we get to Houston around 8:00 at night and she tells me, "I'm so tired Christy, we should stop for the night and just get up early in the morning." And I tell her we can't! There would be NO possible way we would make it to see Nick Thursday because Houston is nearly 3 hours from San Antonio, PLUS we still had to figure out where Lackland was. So I convinced her to keep going. A few hours later, she stops at this hotel, saying Lackland was only 5 minutes away.
So I went to the front desk and asked the lady and she tells me that Lackland is still an hour and a half away. So I made her keep driving. SO then, we FINALLY made it to SA, but she passed Lackland, got lost, and nearly drove us all the way into the dessert part of Texas.
We ended up FINALLY finding Lackland at about 2 in the morning. An 8 hour trip turned into an 12 hour one. I was FUCKING pissed at her at this point. She made it almost to the point that I wouldn't be able to see Nick Thursday at ALL. And she was pissed at me for making her keep driving. I'm sorry, but it's been TWO F'ING MONTHS, and I was NOT going to miss Nick for ANYTHING.
Anyways, the room we got ended up being on Military Drive. For those who have never been to Lackland, I was pretty much right by the base. My room was seriously not even a mile from the gate.

Thursday:
I was so excited we we finally made it to Lackland, that I could hardly sleep. I woke up around 6am, and every time I thought, "OMFG. I will see Nick today was the first time in 2 months!" My heart just started beating like crazy.
Well, of course, Nick's mother almost ruined it again!
We get to the front gate, and they tell her that she needs to go to Visitors Center to get her pass on base. So, we have to go wait in line to get a pass to get in, and it's 7:40am, and the Airmans Run is in 20 minutes. I was freaking the hell out on her. So finally, she gets her pass, and we got back to the gate. We get in, and I can SEE where all the people are lining up to watch the run, but this bitch keeps going! Now, it's about 7:55 AM! So, I yell at her to stop the car, I jump out, I start running over to the crowd as FAST as I can. I made it just in time too! I could here the Airman singing their"Jodie's" and I could see the swarm of them running over the hill.
The Sunday before Nick called, he told me his flight would be wearing a black shirt for the run. So, I look at the guys in black shirts, but no Nick!
Coming to find out, he got the color wrong, it was actually a blue shirt, lol.
So I still hadn't seen him.
So after the run, we had to wait at this little lott with bleachers around it to wait for the coin ceremony to begin. The ceremony begins two hour after the run, so we still had a long time to wait.
Well, after about 30 minutes of sitting there, we hear this big BOOM. Coming to find out, there was an electrical fire in the Reception Center, so they had to evacuate all of us to the other side of the street where all the new trainees were getting their clothing issued and hair cuts (it's fun to watch the trainees, by the way, if any of you ever go to Lackland). They told us that the ceremony would still go on, but had to wait until it was safe to enter the lott again.
Nick's mom tells me we should go to the mini mall because we still have about and hour and a half until the ceremony begins. But I refuse to move. I was staying at that one spot until I got Nick. She had already came too close TWICE for me to lose seeing him, and it wasn't happening again.
So, she leaves for the mall, and finally they let us all back into the bleachers.
I found out where Nick's flight would be standing, so I sat in the bleacher closest to him. Nick's mom TRIED to get me to move, but I refused again. I was determined to see my baby.
And finally, they began to march them in. I was so excited, I wouldn't sit still.
But when Nick's flight marched into the lott, I'm like, HOLD ON! Where's Nick????? I couldn't see him. I was freaking the hell out. His mom couldn't even pick him out. I'm just thinking, "Oh my God. Where's he at?? He didn't get recycled?? They would have called us, RIGHT????"
But then I saw this one man that looked very similar to Nick and I was thinking, "If that's Nick, that he's lost A LOT of weight."
The ceremony seemed to drag on and on and on, when finally they gave the last announcements. When they told us to go find our Airman, I jumped over the side of the bleacher (in a dress AND flip flops, LMAO), and ran over to Nick's flight. Mind, you, I still wasn't sure if it was Nick or not, so I had to look at the guys name tag that I THOUGHT was Nick just to make sure.
And it was him. I looked up, and he was in formation, tring SO hard not to laugh at me.
Then I just pretty much tackled him into a hug.
And at that moment, it was like every thing I was afraid of, all the sadness, and every bad thing that had been weighing me down the last 8 weeks was just lifted. And Nick whispers in my ear, "Oh my God Christy, I missed you so much."
It was the best moment of my life.
And Nick looked so different! He had on these huge glasses, and he had lost SO much weight. He was 200 before he left, and now weighs about 175. He's a freaking stick now!
Anyway, Nick's mom eventually finds us, and she hugs Nick. But she won't let go.
Nick is tring to push her away, telling her he can't show much affection or he will get sent back a few weeks. But she keeps saying, "Just a bit longer." So I have to pull her off him, because she wasn't about to get him sent back to week 0. I would hate her forever for it. I mean, I know she missed him too, but I don't think she really understood how many times she came close to getting Nick in serious trouble (yes, there are many more stories about her near fuck ups that I'll have later in the post).
So the first thing I ask Nick is what his job is.
It was the question I had been longing AND dreading these whole 8 weeks. See, he went in "Open General", and he didn't know that if the 8 jobs he picks out for open general don't fall thru, they will make him be Security Forces. And Nick and me both REALLY didn't want him to be SF.
But his job is Aerospace Medical Assistant. Pretty much, he's a nurse. We are both SO happy he got this job. He is going to Tech School at Sheppard AFB for 69 days! Then, he will work at a hospital for 30 days. I can't tell you when he's coming home, but I can say it will be AROUND Christmas. And then, he goes back to tech school for 3 weeks, graduates, and comes home for another 2 weeks. :D
Anyway, we go inside this one building, and Nick's mom saw a trainee waiting for us to pass, and she goes, "Come on baby, you can go ahead of us," and pats him on the back. And I'm like OMG Ms.Sharon! And Nick yells at her because civilians aren't supposed to touch OR talk to the trainees.
Then, we got Nick into the car to drive around base. AND THIS STUPID WOMAN WAS TRING TO SMUGGLE HIM OFF BASE! I just about lost it on her then. If she would have gotten him off base, we would been in A LOT of trouble. A LOT.
After that, everything went more smoothly.
Nick's mom went back to the hotel to pay for the rooms for another 3 nights, so Nick and I got to sit down and catch up. :)
At one point, one of the guys in Nick's flight came up ad was like, "Hey warrior nurse!" Lmao, they all call him "warrior nurse" now because of his job. So Nick introduces me, and the guy goes, "So your actually real????? We didn't believe him when we saw the pictures! We all thought he was gay for the longest time!" LMFAO!
Oh, and the PDA rule really isn't THAT bad ladies! Nick and I would hold hands and be all cuddly in the car, and we even had quite a lot of alone time in the hotel room. ;) Nick had more trouble with the rule than I did. He would accidentally try to grab my hand at times or put his arm around me and I would have to push him away and remind him that we would have to wait later for stuff like that.

Friday:
Nick's brother and dad arrived the night before. Nick's brother, Eric, who is a Ssgt. in the Air Force, drove us this time so it was MUCH easier to get on base AND he knew where to go and everything.
Graduation took a while, and when they told us to approach the airman again, I took off just like Thursday, lmao!
After graduation, Nick took us to his dorm. He showed me they two 1-foot stack of letters I had sent him, lol.
:)
Then, I got to meet Nick's TI. It was funny because Nick looked scared to death because Nick's mom was talking to his TI. His TI told me that Nick was the "class clown" out of everyone, but other than that, he was a great trainee.
After that, Nick got to leave base for the first time. But the best part of that was the car ride to San Antonio. :) Nick would put his arm around me, and I would snuggle up to him and he would sneak kisses on my cheek and fore head, and finally, he kissed me on my mouth. It was just like we just started dating again, we were both so shy with each other.
When we got to SA, we took Nick to eat. And OMG, he ate A LOT. He never stopped! He just ate and ate and ate and ATE all weekend! And he just about ate all the snacks I bought him! I can't believe he never got sick. O.O
After we ate, his mom tried to get all of us to go to Sea World. Thing is, Nick is scared of amusement rides. So she made us go to the river walk.
By this point, Nick's dad, brother, Nick and I were all pissed at her. Nick and I were wanting some alone time, and Nick's brother and dad only got about 2 hours of sleep and they wanted to go watch the LSU game. So we all went back to the hotel, and Nick's mom left because she had to go back to work the next day. I felt kind of bad for yelling at her a few times, but I don't think she fully understood that she came so close to getting Nick in trouble a few times. I don't think she realizes the damage she could have done. Nick and his brother were both really glad she was leaving too.
Anyway, as soon as she left, Nick and I locked ourselves in my room. For about 3 hours.
:) TMI
So we had sex for the first time in 8 weeks. I think it hurt more than the first time we ever did it, but we were both so sexually frustrated that we both really need it. It wasn't even in for a minute when he had to pull out!
But I made him keep going because I needed him at that moment. Yeah, I know it was stupid, and I know I have a high chance of getting preggers that way, but I couldn't care less at that moment.
After we got done, we just laid there.
And I started crying. Not because the sex was bad or anything, but because I was so happy!
Nick asked me what was wrong, and I just let it all out. I told him how afraid I was that he would forget all about me, and how I was so scared that he wouldn't love me anymore. And I told him how I just held all of it in while he was away because I missed him so much.
And he just held me close and told me that he missed me so much, but he was here now, and that I was a silly girl for thinking all that. He said he loves me more than anything, and always will. :)

Saturday was pretty much just like Friday. We went out to eat, and then Nick's dad and brother wanted to go watch the game, so they left me and Nick at my room with about 5 more hours of alone time. :)
I don't like it when Nick is in public in uniform, and I don't like him in his glasses.
He has to act "professional" and he's not himself. He acts indifferent and it's like he doesn't care about anything, even me. But I understand that he has to be like that. I told him later in the room that it hurt my feelings, and he told me he hates being in uniform around me too. He said that he hates acting like that but he said it's only for this weekend because it's how his TI's want him to act and he has to do everything they say so he doesn't get recycled. But in private, we would take off his glasses and he would look like the old him again. :)
And he would act like himself too. He would be all lovable and be his usual joking, carefree self.
He reassured me that I'm the one he did all this for.

And today, we looked at wedding rings. :) He said he is going to get me one once he gets to tech school, and give it to me for Christmas. We have both came to the conclusion that we don't care what anyone thinks, we are both of age and it's OUR decision. So we are definitely getting married this summer.
I had to say good bye to him today for the second time. He threw all the PDA rules out the window when I had to go. He gave me a hug, and even a kiss in the mini mall on base and told me he loves me.
It wasn't as hard as the first time I had to say good bye, but it still sucked. The best weekend of my life just had to end.
It almost seemed like a fairy tale or a dream most of the time.
But these 8 weeks have made me realize how much I love Nick and it has made both of us grow up so much.

I am so lucky to have someone like him.

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 am

They are coming!!!!

The first time I saw Nick in two months. :)
He's the one white guy with the huge glasses.

They can't see in the car, now can they? :)

He's so handsome. :)

His first video game in 2 months :)

Nick's flight at graduation.

Nick's older brother, Eric. They kinda look a like, huh? Lol.

Blurry, but I like this picture of us. Mostly because he has those glasses off. :)

Us! <3

Nick, I love you!
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 am

I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend minus the drama with his mom! that had to suck! You probably handle it a LOT better than I would of if i was in your situation!! Definitely glad he didn't get SF and got something you guys are both excited about!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/ktevepaugh
LovinMyFlyBoy
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:38 am

I'm so glad you had such a good weekend, minus his mom! She was pissing me off as I was reading that. Yay for him getting to be home before Christmas! It's right around the corner!

Back to top Go down
Airmankisses
E8 Senior Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:54 am

Ahaha, i agree with Laura. She was pissing me off too just from reading it!!
I'm so happy you had an amazing weekend though! <33

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=711449713
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 am

I'm so glad you had such a great time girl! Even despite his mother. You handled it much better than I would have! One quick question. Why exactly did he have to wear the glasses?

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=lf#!/cjwallis2010
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 pm

AirmansGirl2010 wrote:
I'm so glad you had such a great time girl! Even despite his mother. You handled it much better than I would have! One quick question. Why exactly did he have to wear the glasses?
Okay, so every trainee going into basic has the wear those HUGE glasses called BCG's because they aren't allowed contacts (stands for Birth Control Glasses because apparently, no woman wants to do a man with them on, LOL.)
Anyway, after about week 5, they get assigned their "frame of choice" glasses. These glasses are supposed to look like normal glasses and Airman are supposed to wear them with their blues because they look better.
But Nick's TI lost his frame of choice, so Nick had to wear a trainees glasses who got recycled a few weeks. The glasses weren't exactly the right prescription for his eyesight, so his eyes kept hurting a bit and burning.
I brought his contacts but he won't be allowed to wear them until he gets to tech school, so I'll have to mail them to him when I get an address.

Anyway, thanks ladies! I'm SO glad he is out of basic! Nick is currently traveling to Sheppard AFB and we have been texting and calling each other all day. If feels SO good to be able to talk to him now. I asked him earlier if he had called his mom yet and he was like, "Uh, no, why would I? The first person I thought of calling was you." :)
And then earlier while he was on the bus, he got a little quite and I asked him what was wrong. And he said, "It just hit me that I won't see you until Christmas. I miss you again."
But I reassured him that we can talk everyday now AND we both have web cams.
Back to top Go down
kristen
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm glad you had such a great time! I'm with the other ladies, just reading about everything Nick's mom did pissed me off lol. But everything turned out well and I'm so happy for you!! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah his mom pissed me off reading that! Glad she left haha

I am SO happy for you and your amazing weekend!!
YAYY you did it!!!
And now you can still see and talk to him over webcame and phone :)
So thats good.

:D
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 pm

likeomgcool wrote:
Yeah his mom pissed me off reading that! Glad she left haha

I am SO happy for you and your amazing weekend!!
YAYY you did it!!!
And now you can still see and talk to him over webcame and phone :)
So thats good.

:D
Yeah, last time I talked to him he was almost to Sheppard AFB. That was around 11:30am. I've tried calling, but his phone is off so I guess he is still doing in-processing. I really hope he can call tonight before he goes to bed. :(
Back to top Go down
meggie007
E6 Technical Sergeant
E6 Technical Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Im glad you had a great weekend!! it is def one 2 remember!!! :) he will call love!! Stay strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/mrobey89
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 am

Sry about that trip down that sounds sucky, but Yay you got to see Nick! I hope you had a ton of fun!

Photobucketcomments

Back to top Go down
http://www.airforceangels.com
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:28 pm

He's been sending me a good morning text every morning, and he calls me every afternoon and again right before bed.
:) I love this!
Yesterday, I was having a bad day and broke down on the phone with him though. I felt bad. =[ I hate when people see/hear me cry. I was never an emotional person before BMT.
But Nick, who is such a sweetheart, calmed me down and told me he is definitly coming home for Christmas. :)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:52 pm

omg i think i would have punched his mom. lol i wanted to just reading this. what did your man say about all that drama? Im so glad you had an amazing time, and so much alone time. im very jealous we got NONE! so needless to say im so ready to see him hahaha. congrats girl. the hard part is over youll love tech school texts/calls/video everyday starting asap :)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 am

Kellyyymarie wrote:
omg i think i would have punched his mom. lol i wanted to just reading this. what did your man say about all that drama? Im so glad you had an amazing time, and so much alone time. im very jealous we got NONE! so needless to say im so ready to see him hahaha. congrats girl. the hard part is over youll love tech school texts/calls/video everyday starting asap :)
I love tech school already. :)
He tells me good morning every day around 5:30 AM, and then I pretty much talk to him all day (off and on) from about 4:00 pm until whenever he has to go to bed.
And I like his roommate! His room mate is actually from the same town and me and Nick, and he said he has friends going to the same college as me!
Nick doesn't start classes until October 21st but he said that he would actually have more free time to call me then since he will be in phase 2 around that time.

And Nick didn't say too much about the drama, he was just super glad his mom went home early.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Kellyyymarie wrote:
He tells me good morning every day around 5:30 AM, and then I pretty much talk to him all day (off and on) from about 4:00 pm until whenever he has to go to bed.
And I like his roommate! His room mate is actually from the same town and me and Nick, and he said he has friends going to the same college as me!
Nick doesn't start classes until October 21st but he said that he would actually have more free time to call me then since he will be in phase 2 around that time.

And Nick didn't say too much about the drama, he was just super glad his mom went home early.

aww thats good. scott doesnt start his until NOVEMBER 4th!?! ugh but we got our orders yesterday for Jan 12th so I guess his tech school is shorter after all. Where is Nick's tech school at?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Kellyyymarie wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Kellyyymarie wrote:

aww thats good. scott doesnt start his until NOVEMBER 4th!?! ugh but we got our orders yesterday for Jan 12th so I guess his tech school is shorter after all. Where is Nick's tech school at?
Sheppard AFB
Back to top Go down
ChloeInLove
E3 Airman First Class
E3 Airman First Class

PostSubject: You had me in tears, lol!   Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 am

Omg girl... This was a great story! Minus all the drama and stuff! But thank you for posting! It really gives me hope and makes it easier for me knowing that soon I'll be able to have the best weekend ever as well :) My Eddie graduates in 3 weeks and I'm soooo excited to see him!! You had me in tears at the part where you first saw each other at coin ceremony. Unfortunately I'm missing the first day ;( and will get to see him for the first time at the parade... But thanks again! I loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563930260
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had the BEST weekend of my life!   

Back to top Go down

I had the BEST weekend of my life!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: AirForce Life :: BMT & Tech School-
Jump to: