Welcome to Air Force Angels! Please Login or Register! If you are not a member we'd love to have you. Air Force Angels is a great forum for those great Air Force girlfriends, finances, and wives out there looking for some great support from other girls and for some wonderful life long friends.

Please, if you're new and would like to register no last names are to be used in your username or anywhere in the forum other then pms. Thank you!

HomeSearchAirforce leaders RegisterLog in

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Facebook Fan Page!
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top posters
AirmansGirl2010

kristen

LovinMyFlyBoy

Jenn

Airmankisses

scgrits488

Chrissy

AFA1015

Maegan2010

meggie007

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» my husband is air traffic control
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am by Jaymee

» AFA IS CLOSING IT'S DOORS FOR GOOD
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am by Jaymee

» Letting all branches Join?
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm by scgrits488

» Possible New Names for AFA ??
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm by scgrits488

» sad sick baby boy
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am by Jaymee

» April
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 am by Jenn

» Eeek!
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Wives Orientation
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Couldn't be happier.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

Most active topics
The Lady below me!
QOTD
Free Siggy Offer!
Never Have I Ever
Adopt a US Soldier
Be Thankful!
Single...
"The Pill"
Skype Group Chat?
He's been cheating
Donate
Military Resources
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.

Share | 

How are we feeling with our men gone?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 am

I just wanna check in with the other ladies who are dealing with their men being at BMT currently!
Or have been through it before and have some wisdom to share.

I can't believe it's almost been a month!
I'm hoping the next month will just fly by because I'll be busy with school and the sorority.
I got another letter today, it was in a cute little Air Force envelope and on A.F. stationary :)
Nick said he's been made weapons manager (i think thats what he called it) and told me about how well he's doing with sit-ups/push-ups/running, I'm so proud of him!
My parents and I are going to meet with his parents in a few days to talk about me going to graduation with them.
I've been writing letters everyday and he says they're helping him get by and he dreams about me every night.
People are still skeptical and insensitive about him being gone but I'm almost half-way there!
Why would I ever give up now?

How is everyone else doing?
Back to top Go down
kristen
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 am

That's awesome that you're almost halfway through it now! You've definitely got the next few weeks :) I bet getting a letter was a great feeling though! Do you for sure get to go to graduation? I definitely hope so, I've heard it's such a great experience!

My boyfriend isn't at BMT but he's still gone since he's deployed so I can definitely relate to being apart at least and I know it isn't easy. Let me know if you ever need anything or just to talk! :)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 am

Well, I don't have much longer left.
Nick starts week 5 Monday. It's been over a month since he left! I can't believe it! I posted this on facebook eariler in the AF Girlfriends group; Time seems to go by SO slow during the moment, by flies by over all. I can't believe I'm almost done.
I just push myself forward everyday. I have my days where I feel super lonely, but I just have to remind myself that it's worth it!
So weapons manager is his job during BMT? I believe Nick said that he is "Academic Advisor" or something like that and that he has to clean the T.I.'s office. 0.0

And I know what you mean about people being insensitive. My dad was saying the other day that he doesn't know if he wants me to go to Texas or not next month. But I assured him, with a few choice words, that I am of the age now to make THOSE decisions by myself and that I will be going to Nick's BMT graduation one way or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:34 am

Well, I tried talking to my parents reasonably about me going to Lackland and using my OWN money and they tried to talk me out of it, but I kind of lost it and was like, "I'm sorry but whether or not you give me your blessing, I'm still going with MY money!"
They'll warm up to it after meeting Nick's parents, they are incredible people!

@Chrissy, I love that our men have the same name and are there at the same time!
What TRS is he in? (can we post that here?)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:38 pm

likeomgcool wrote:
Well, I tried talking to my parents reasonably about me going to Lackland and using my OWN money and they tried to talk me out of it, but I kind of lost it and was like, "I'm sorry but whether or not you give me your blessing, I'm still going with MY money!"
They'll warm up to it after meeting Nick's parents, they are incredible people!

@Chrissy, I love that our men have the same name and are there at the same time!
What TRS is he in? (can we post that here?)

Eh. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post that or not.
But to play it safe, I'll just say that he has a pretty tough T.I.
But Nick says he has HUGE respect for him and says he is a good guy.

And I call Nick "Nick" but it isn't his first name. It's actually his middle name. I can't tell you his whole name, but it's funny because it's 3 first names. :D
Back to top Go down
Maegan2010
E6 Technical Sergeant
E6 Technical Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm

I felt fine while Jake was gone, I'm a odd person. But I was in my second semester of my senior year. Actually Jake left like 2 days after it started, so I couldn't go say bye at the airport. If you keep positive about the whole thing and VERY busy time will go by so fast.

I played basketball, had school, & went to work during the 8.5 weeks and couldn't tell you when I had time to think about him being gone. It was sad of course the first few days and then we would write & everything.

Don't look at the negative and just be positive time will fly. :)

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 am

Maegan2010 wrote:
I felt fine while Jake was gone, I'm a odd person. But I was in my second semester of my senior year. Actually Jake left like 2 days after it started, so I couldn't go say bye at the airport. If you keep positive about the whole thing and VERY busy time will go by so fast.

I played basketball, had school, & went to work during the 8.5 weeks and couldn't tell you when I had time to think about him being gone. It was sad of course the first few days and then we would write & everything.

Don't look at the negative and just be positive time will fly. :)

Same here. First year of college has kept me so busy, that I'm always so surprized by the time Friday comes around.
Weekends and night time is the worse though. I hate going to sleep at night knowing Nick won't be there in the morning. And the weekends drag on forever, because I get all jumpy about getting a phone call.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 am

I think part of it being so hard for me is because I'm still home for the summer and bored!
And hated my job and had wayy too much time to think.
Also, that's where I met Nick, at work haha

BUT I get to leave in 4 days to return to school and finally move forward and have a life!
:D
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:31 am

likeomgcool wrote:
I think part of it being so hard for me is because I'm still home for the summer and bored!

BUT I get to leave in 4 days to return to school and finally move forward and have a life!

I still had a week left of summer when Nick left, so that was the hardest week for me.
I've lost about 5 pounds since he left though because I haven't had a boyfriend to feed me junk food all the time now. :P

And I know what you mean about the thinking part. I think so much that I give myself headaches sometimes. =/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Chrissy wrote:
likeomgcool wrote:

I still had a week left of summer when Nick left, so that was the hardest week for me.
I've lost about 5 pounds since he left though because I haven't had a boyfriend to feed me junk food all the time now. :P

And I know what you mean about the thinking part. I think so much that I give myself headaches sometimes. =/

Haha I'll probably lose weight because food isn't really as appealing to me anymore, as cliche as that is!
And yeah I get headaches so much now, I know the feeling haha
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

likeomgcool wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
likeomgcool wrote:

Haha I'll probably lose weight because food isn't really as appealing to me anymore, as cliche as that is!
And yeah I get headaches so much now, I know the feeling haha

I know! Sometimes, I just don't feel hungry enough to eat. Idk, guess it's from all the thinking. Lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:17 am

Haha probably!
I feel like a cliche because you know when you're in love they say "can't eat, can't sleep, can't think about anything but them" etc?
That's me :P
Cliche, I know hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:36 pm

likeomgcool wrote:
I just wanna check in with the other ladies who are dealing with their men being at BMT currently!
Or have been through it before and have some wisdom to share.

I can't believe it's almost been a month!
I'm hoping the next month will just fly by because I'll be busy with school and the sorority.
I got another letter today, it was in a cute little Air Force envelope and on A.F. stationary :)
Nick said he's been made weapons manager (i think thats what he called it) and told me about how well he's doing with sit-ups/push-ups/running, I'm so proud of him!
My parents and I are going to meet with his parents in a few days to talk about me going to graduation with them.
I've been writing letters everyday and he says they're helping him get by and he dreams about me every night.
People are still skeptical and insensitive about him being gone but I'm almost half-way there!
Why would I ever give up now?

How is everyone else doing?

don't give up! Scott is at BMT and we have less than 2 weeks to go now. Its def hard but try to keep busy. Time flew up until I hit week 5 now the days ssem to drag but its all worth it in the end.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 pm

likeomgcool wrote:
Haha probably!
I feel like a cliche because you know when you're in love they say "can't eat, can't sleep, can't think about anything but them" etc?
That's me :P
Cliche, I know hahaha
Cliche, but true. He is always on my mind. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are we feeling with our men gone?   

Back to top Go down

How are we feeling with our men gone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: AirForce Life :: BMT & Tech School-
Jump to: