Welcome to Air Force Angels! Please Login or Register! If you are not a member we'd love to have you. Air Force Angels is a great forum for those great Air Force girlfriends, finances, and wives out there looking for some great support from other girls and for some wonderful life long friends.

Please, if you're new and would like to register no last names are to be used in your username or anywhere in the forum other then pms. Thank you!

HomeSearchAirforce leaders RegisterLog in

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Facebook Fan Page!
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top posters
AirmansGirl2010

kristen

LovinMyFlyBoy

Jenn

Airmankisses

scgrits488

Chrissy

AFA1015

Maegan2010

meggie007

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» my husband is air traffic control
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am by Jaymee

» AFA IS CLOSING IT'S DOORS FOR GOOD
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am by Jaymee

» Letting all branches Join?
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm by scgrits488

» Possible New Names for AFA ??
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm by scgrits488

» sad sick baby boy
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am by Jaymee

» April
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 am by Jenn

» Eeek!
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Wives Orientation
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Couldn't be happier.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

Most active topics
The Lady below me!
QOTD
Free Siggy Offer!
Never Have I Ever
Adopt a US Soldier
Be Thankful!
Single...
"The Pill"
Skype Group Chat?
He's been cheating
Donate
Military Resources
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.

Share | 

Phone Calls

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Airmankisses
E8 Senior Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:45 pm

I was wondering if while they are at BMT, when they are able to call, will they most likely be calling from their cell phones or some random phone there? It'd be nice to know what to look for on the caller I.D lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=711449713
scgrits488
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:03 pm

From my understanding it will be there personal cell phones unless they don't have one.. the TI will take the battery out their phones and give them to the guys when they are allowed phone calls or just take their phones all together. I have heard most calls are on Sunday evening.

Katy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/ktevepaugh
KristaC
E3 Airman First Class
E3 Airman First Class

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:08 pm

hey girl. yea i just got done with all that not too long ago. and katy is rite but it also depends on their MTI...they may not let them use their cell phones at all and make them use the comunity phone or whatever. but divine called everytime from his phone and yea most everycall was on sunday night!!! but hey be on the safe side and be like me...that phone did not leave my sight for the entire 8 weeks he was gone, lol, i wasnt bout to be missing a call from him for nothing or nobody :)

but hey if you need any advice or anything im here girl, like i said i just got done going through all that!!! just remember to keep your head up and fall the these ladies in any time you need anything. you can pm me and we can exchange numbers or whatever if you want if you do have any questions or what not.
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Thanks for asking this question Erica. I was wondering the same thing! You ladies are such a great help! Thank you! =]

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=lf#!/cjwallis2010
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Nick brought his cell phone with him. They take the battery out but give it back when they get a phone call. So far he has called 3 times; Every Sunday since he has been there for 2 weeks and all 3 phone calls lasted 15 minutes, 5 minutes, and 20 minutes. And I've gotten 3 letters and another should be here tomorrow.

Last edited by Chrissy on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Oh, and phones calls don't just come on Sundays. They can come any day of the week, but it's mostly on Sundays. And I agree with Krista, my phone is NEVER out of my sight. I get in trouble at school all the time because I always have it out. =]

Back to top Go down
Airmankisses

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Thank you so much girls! He has his own ringtone on my phone so i was just hoping i'd be able to tell when he'll call. He doesn't leave for BMT til November so I'm trying to learn as much as i can before he goes.

Back to top Go down
KristaC
E3 Airman First Class
E3 Airman First Class

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:04 pm

thats smart though girl to get in all youc an before you go. i wish i would have known about these groups before divine left.

and girl i had a certain phone set for divine too and i remember the first call i got i was out running around the neighborhood and all a suden i his ringtone go off and i thought i was going crazy cause i hadnt heard it in so long ya know. that first call is so amazing even if it is like 5 minutes. but also be prepaird to encourage him no matter how he sounds. divine called and he was crying with me but i just had to tell him that he is doing great ya know. just stay positive on the phone with him, oh and give him a chance to talk too. lol i know when i did get a call i had all these quesitons i was aking him, i had to remember to tell my self.....just shut up and listen to his voice....let him talk. lol...girl you will do great and let me tell ya it will all be soooo worth it the minute you see him run by for the first time during the Airmans run, your heart will just melt, lol
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Good Post Great advice! Thank you! My boyfriend leaves for BMT in November as well, so every bit of information helps! Thanks again!

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
KristaC
E3 Airman First Class
E3 Airman First Class

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:18 pm

no pobs girl...like i said if ya have any questions just let me know and ill do my best to find out for ya!!! :)
Back to top Go down
Airmankisses

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm

I agree . Thank you Krista. You're post made me smile and makes me anxious for when that day comes lol. I'm gonna be a lovesick mess. I'm gonna have to learn to control myself since there's not supposed to be any kissing and crap on base right? ohhh boy!

Back to top Go down
KristaC
E3 Airman First Class
E3 Airman First Class

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 pm

ha...oh yea, there is not SUPPOSED to be any of that going on, lol. depends on how bad he wants a kiss from ya though. when i finally got to actually touch divine after the coin ceremony we did hug and QUICKLY got a little kiss, lol!!!!!

ha a funny story...his little sister came with us and she is prolly 10 or so....well i got jelous of her cause she could hold his hand and stuff, lol, i was really jelous of a freakin 10 year old, lmao!!!!! but girl trust me when i tell ya it will all be worth it though :)
Back to top Go down
Airmankisses

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 pm

KristaC wrote:
ha a funny story...his little sister came with us and she is prolly 10 or so....well i got jelous of her cause she could hold his hand and stuff, lol, i was really jelous of a freakin 10 year old, lmao!!!!! but girl trust me when i tell ya it will all be worth it though :)

I would be too HAHA!

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Airmankisses wrote:
I agree . Thank you Krista. You're post made me smile and makes me anxious for when that day comes lol. I'm gonna be a lovesick mess. I'm gonna have to learn to control myself since there's not supposed to be any kissing and crap on base right? ohhh boy!

No matter what the rules are, I'm getting my freaking hug and kiss when I see him. I've waited 2 months, I deserve it. :)
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Airmankisses wrote:

No matter what the rules are, I'm getting my freaking hug and kiss when I see him. I've waited 2 months, I deserve it. :)

I know how you feel! My Airman and I both think that's an incredibly dumb rule. It's like seriously?!?! Two months barely talking and I can't even hold his hand? Ugh! But seriously...be careful! I've heard of Airman getting their town passes revoked if they're caught PDAing on base. And trust me...you DO NOT want that! It'd probably be better to stick to the rule, but if you choose not to, be extremely careful!!!

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:27 am

AirmansGirl2010 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Airmankisses wrote:

I know how you feel! My Airman and I both think that's an incredibly dumb rule. It's like seriously?!?! Two months barely talking and I can't even hold his hand? Ugh! But seriously...be careful! I've heard of Airman getting their town passes revoked if they're caught PDAing on base. And trust me...you DO NOT want that! It'd probably be better to stick to the rule, but if you choose not to, be extremely careful!!!

Oh, I know! I'm going to stick to the rule....They are allowed to hug and kiss you when the first see you and you are allowed to link arms with them. Plus, we can be all cuddley in the car AND we plan on going back to the hotel for a nap.
Nick was in Marine JROTC when were in high school, so I'm used to the no affection thing.
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
AirmansGirl2010 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Airmankisses wrote:

Oh, I know! I'm going to stick to the rule....They are allowed to hug and kiss you when the first see you and you are allowed to link arms with them. Plus, we can be all cuddley in the car AND we plan on going back to the hotel for a nap.
Nick was in Marine JROTC when were in high school, so I'm used to the no affection thing.

I didn't know they were allowed to kiss when they first see you. That makes it a little better. And I have no idea how I can ever get used to the no affection thing. Whenever Ty and I go anywhere together, we ALWAYS holds hand. He doesn't even let go for me to answer my phone or anything! It'll be a hard thing for us to adjust to.

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:57 am

AirmansGirl2010 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
AirmansGirl2010 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Airmankisses wrote:

I didn't know they were allowed to kiss when they first see you. That makes it a little better. And I have no idea how I can ever get used to the no affection thing. Whenever Ty and I go anywhere together, we ALWAYS holds hand. He doesn't even let go for me to answer my phone or anything! It'll be a hard thing for us to adjust to.

From everyone I talked to, it's ONLY when you first see them...And it can't be a super long hug and kiss.
Back to top Go down
Airmankisses

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 pm

So I have another question regarding the phone calls they get while at BMT.
For the girls who have talked to their men while at BMT, how do they sound when they call? Like is there someone listening to their phone calls or like standing next to them so they have to whisper or talk fast or dont say i love you? Stuff like that?

Back to top Go down
Maegan2010
E6 Technical Sergeant
E6 Technical Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:08 pm

The first couple times they may seem upset or sad. Just encourage them that everything will get better and their doing a great job. As time goes on they'll get happier :)

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Airmankisses wrote:
For the girls who have talked to their men while at BMT, how do they sound when they call? Like is there someone listening to their phone calls or like standing next to them so they have to whisper or talk fast or dont say i love you? Stuff like that?
Okay, Nick has called 6 times, every Sunday since week 2. The longest phone call I've gotten was nearly 30 minutes, but most are around 10-15 minutes.
The first phone call he gets will be in week 1, and will most likely go to his parents. This call is VERY short and they have to read from a script and they only have like, 3 minutes to yell out their address and hang up. Also, the T.I. is listening during that call.
After that, the T.I. isn't listening to the phone calls. Nick doesn't whisper when he calls, he actually kinda yells into the phone because so many other trainees are in the background talking so it's hard to hear.
And yes, he can say "I love you" and stuff, lol. Nick tells me he loves me, misses me, etc. on the phone too.

But, please, don't depend wholey on phone calls. I know some girls who have only gotten 2 five minutes ones over the whole 8 1/2 weeks, some who didn't get any, and others who got one every weekend. I'm not saying you won't get anything, but PLEASE, don't tear yourself up if the call just happens not to come. This is BMT, and letter writing and calls all depend on who the TI is and how the flight is doing. If ones person in the flight gets calls or writing privlieges taken away, everyone does.
They will not hold back any of the letters you send him though, so write everyday!
At first, Nick told me not to write everyday because he didn't want to get teased. But I did write everyday anyway, and he told me he loves it now! He said that it's the best part of the day, getting a letter from home.
The letters help both you and him!

And Nick has always actually sounded pretty happy when he calls. One time he was sick, but other than that, he was his usual goofball self. :)
Back to top Go down
Airmankisses

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Airmankisses wrote:
Okay, Nick has called 6 times, every Sunday since week 2. The longest phone call I've gotten was nearly 30 minutes, but most are around 10-15 minutes.
The first phone call he gets will be in week 1, and will most likely go to his parents. This call is VERY short and they have to read from a script and they only have like, 3 minutes to yell out their address and hang up. Also, the T.I. is listening during that call.
After that, the T.I. isn't listening to the phone calls. Nick doesn't whisper when he calls, he actually kinda yells into the phone because so many other trainees are in the background talking so it's hard to hear.
And yes, he can say "I love you" and stuff, lol. Nick tells me he loves me, misses me, etc. on the phone too.

But, please, don't depend wholey on phone calls. I know some girls who have only gotten 2 five minutes ones over the whole 8 1/2 weeks, some who didn't get any, and others who got one every weekend. I'm not saying you won't get anything, but PLEASE, don't tear yourself up if the call just happens not to come. This is BMT, and letter writing and calls all depend on who the TI is and how the flight is doing. If ones person in the flight gets calls or writing privlieges taken away, everyone does.
They will not hold back any of the letters you send him though, so write everyday!
At first, Nick told me not to write everyday because he didn't want to get teased. But I did write everyday anyway, and he told me he loves it now! He said that it's the best part of the day, getting a letter from home.
The letters help both you and him!

And Nick has always actually sounded pretty happy when he calls. One time he was sick, but other than that, he was his usual goofball self. :)

Thank you girl!!
And you too?!? Shane is worried about getting teased too so he told me not to write alot when he goes lol. Too bad! :)

Back to top Go down
Maegan2010
E6 Technical Sergeant
E6 Technical Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 pm

The guys love letters. I *tried* writing everyday. But I just got too busy. I know some girl who wrote 100 letters almost to her boyfriend!

Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Airmankisses wrote:

Thank you girl!!
And you too?!? Shane is worried about getting teased too so he told me not to write alot when he goes lol. Too bad! :)

Well, you tell him that when he is getting yelled at all day and has been completely shut off from the outside world, he is going to want you to write as much as possible. They actually won't tease him all that much unless something is written (besides the addy) on the outside of the envelope or something..
Oh, and send pictures too!

Maegan2010 wrote:

The guys love letters. I *tried* writing everyday. But I just got too busy. I know some girl who wrote 100 letters almost to her boyfriend!
I believe that tonight will makes my 47th letter I have written. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:58 am

I feel like I write almost TOO much haha I wish I kept track of how many I have written so far!
My last envelope I sent had like 3 letters but there was no mail sunday so I guess that's not weird.

Oh and the PDA thing for graduation, me and Nick both say fuck that haha! But we'll see how he feels when the time comes...I mean who remembers to keep it short when you first see them after 2 months?!
Letting go of him is the last thing on my mind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phone Calls   

Back to top Go down

Phone Calls
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: AirForce Life :: BMT & Tech School-
Jump to: