Welcome to Air Force Angels! Please Login or Register! If you are not a member we'd love to have you. Air Force Angels is a great forum for those great Air Force girlfriends, finances, and wives out there looking for some great support from other girls and for some wonderful life long friends.

Please, if you're new and would like to register no last names are to be used in your username or anywhere in the forum other then pms. Thank you!

HomeSearchAirforce leaders RegisterLog in

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Facebook Fan Page!
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top posters
AirmansGirl2010

kristen

LovinMyFlyBoy

Jenn

Airmankisses

scgrits488

Chrissy

AFA1015

Maegan2010

meggie007

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» my husband is air traffic control
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am by Jaymee

» AFA IS CLOSING IT'S DOORS FOR GOOD
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am by Jaymee

» Letting all branches Join?
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm by scgrits488

» Possible New Names for AFA ??
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm by scgrits488

» sad sick baby boy
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am by Jaymee

» April
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 am by Jenn

» Eeek!
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Wives Orientation
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Couldn't be happier.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

Most active topics
The Lady below me!
QOTD
Free Siggy Offer!
Never Have I Ever
Adopt a US Soldier
Be Thankful!
Single...
"The Pill"
Skype Group Chat?
He's been cheating
Donate
Military Resources
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.

Share | 

ugh

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coliecolie
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: ugh   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:55 am

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

FIRST OFF, this website is awesome!! i was feeling so down yesterday but with the encouragment and reading what everyone else is going through i am feeling soooo much better =) ..thanks again

so, jules is still in basic. i am an OCD, planner, organized kind of person. i despise the choas the military always mangaes to put us through (my brother has been in for 5 years now). its different with my husband than with my brother, for obvious reasons. hopefully i dont overwhelm everyone with my questions lol

i guess my main concern is where we will end up. how do i plan for it, when do i quit my job, do we live on base or off (im a very private person), his job will be broad so will we likely be able to get stationed on our top places or is it more up in the air than im hoping? lol, i appreciate all the help i can get!!
Back to top Go down
sam_lynn11
E5 Staff Sergeant
E5 Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ugh   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 pm

It all depends on where they need your husbands job at the time that he finishes tech school...I know a couple of the girls on here got their top picks on their dream sheets(list of bases they wanted) but I also know that some of us(myself included) got a base that was no where to be found on our dream sheet lol. There really is no telling where you are going to get stationed at this point. Wherever it is though, just be excited! and see it as an adventure and a new chapter in your lives...I can honestly say that I never thought I would be living in GA but yet here I am, and I actually really love it here.

You really cant do any planning for it yet, and unless you plan on moving to where he does his tech school then do not quit your job yet lol. I know a couple ladies that did move to where their hubby's tech school was but most of them didnt and stayed long distance and visited a couple of times...I wont lie, with basic and tech school my husband and I were long distance for 8 months and it sucked...but tech school is a million times better than basic! you will get to talk every day. Depending what his job is, he will be in tech school for anywhere from 2 months to 8 months(could be longer for specific jobs) which will be immediately after basic, then he will get to come home for 2 weeks for RAP(Recruiters Assistance) if he chooses, and then you will all be off to your new home!

It will be your choice to live on or off base, I suggest after you find out where you will be stationed to do some research on that base, and look at the housing on their website, I also recommend finding the 'Wives' fb page for that base and asking them what housing is like, they will be more honest and more realistic than the official military page is. If you like the looks of the housing on base then get on the waiting list so hopefully its available when you get there, if not, you will get BAH(Housing Allowance) each month and you get a certain amount of money, depending on the cost of living where you get stationed, and that goes towards your rent/bills. We personally chose to live on base and we love it...its really just a matter of opinion and what you like.

I think that was all of your questions :) Hope I helped some, and I didn't mean to make it as simple as I could, not sure how familiar you are with the military/Air Force lol.

I also suggest if you're having a hard time with basic to read our stories, which you probably have been. They will make you feel better lol and get you SO excited for Graduation Weekend!
Back to top Go down
coliecolie
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: ugh   Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 pm

oh lord that hellps lol =) ..AND YES, reading everyones story has gotten me excited, i even started comparing flights to driving. and good news, flying is shorter and cheaper, yay!
Back to top Go down
Jenn
E8 Senior Master Sergeant
E8 Senior Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ugh   Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Quote :
will be your choice to live on or off base, I suggest after you find out where you will be stationed to do some research on that base, and look at the housing on their website, I also recommend finding the 'Wives' fb page for that base and asking them what housing is like, they will be more honest and more realistic than the official military page is. If you like the looks of the housing on base then get on the waiting list so hopefully its available when you get there, if not, you will get BAH(Housing Allowance) each month and you get a certain amount of money, depending on the cost of living where you get stationed, and that goes towards your rent/bills. We personally chose to live on base and we love it...its really just a matter of opinion and what you like.

I don't know much about Basic cause I didn't go through it with Mike. We met when he had already been in for 2 years. But I do know a little about housing. At our base at least you can apply for base housing 30 days before your move and you call them and they put you on a waiting list if they have one if there is a wait for housing. This facebook page one of the girls posted on here is amazing! Here --->
http://www.facebook.com/movinghousemilitaryspouse

It will give you an idea of what the housing looks like on the base you're moving to if you want to move on base. They don't have all the bases but they have a good amount. I personally would rather live on base cause I feel safer when Mike's away but we are waiting to move on to our base in April when our lease here is up.

I hope that helped a lil.

Photobucketcomments

Back to top Go down
http://www.airforceangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ugh   

Back to top Go down

ugh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: AirForce Life :: BMT & Tech School-
Jump to: