Welcome to Air Force Angels! Please Login or Register! If you are not a member we'd love to have you. Air Force Angels is a great forum for those great Air Force girlfriends, finances, and wives out there looking for some great support from other girls and for some wonderful life long friends.

Please, if you're new and would like to register no last names are to be used in your username or anywhere in the forum other then pms. Thank you!

HomeSearchAirforce leaders RegisterLog in

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Facebook Fan Page!
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm
Top posters
AirmansGirl2010

kristen

LovinMyFlyBoy

Jenn

Airmankisses

scgrits488

Chrissy

AFA1015

Maegan2010

meggie007

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» my husband is air traffic control
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am by Jaymee

» AFA IS CLOSING IT'S DOORS FOR GOOD
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am by Jaymee

» Letting all branches Join?
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm by scgrits488

» Possible New Names for AFA ??
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm by scgrits488

» sad sick baby boy
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am by Jaymee

» April
Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 am by Jenn

» Eeek!
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Wives Orientation
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

» Couldn't be happier.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm by LovinMyFlyBoy

Most active topics
The Lady below me!
QOTD
Free Siggy Offer!
Never Have I Ever
Adopt a US Soldier
Be Thankful!
Single...
"The Pill"
Skype Group Chat?
He's been cheating
Donate
Military Resources
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.

Share | 

What to expect?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 8:19 pm

I was just wondering what to expect. How much will he be able to write and call me during basic? I'm also a little confused about basic and tech school. I know he's gone for 4 months. Is that basic and tech school together?
Back to top Go down
Brittany Victoria
E5 Staff Sergeant
E5 Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey sweetie!

Basic was such a long and hard process on my end...time was said to fly by but for me it never did. You miss them so much <3 and I know what you're going through! WE ALL DO! :) I can't say how much he will get to write or call. Every squadron is different due to their leaders and how they behave. When Von was in Basic I got a little over 30-40 letters or so and then he called almost every Sunday (skipped one Sunday bc they got in trouble) but I have known people who have only gotten 3-10 letters and like 2 calls so it all depends. The best thing you can do is stay super busy :) Also, I wrote Von every single day he was gone and went to the post office every morning to send his letter for that day out. It helped him so much because he got mail daily or a few times a week depending on when they would give them their mail. To answer your other question, basic training is 8.5 weeks, after that he does go to his tech school :)

Hang in there, we all know how rough this time is for you and are here for you when you need us!!! <3

Hug
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Thank you so much! I'm soo nervous and scarred to see how everything turns out. Also I want to write him every day but at the same time I'm scarred it'll start to get on his nerves :/
Back to top Go down
Brittany Victoria
E5 Staff Sergeant
E5 Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 10:21 pm

I am sure, girl! I was the exact same way but everything is going to be fine :) you can pm me if you'd like to talk...and yes some guys it may but my boyfriend really loved it :)
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Thank you soo much!!
Back to top Go down
meggie007
E6 Technical Sergeant
E6 Technical Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I agree with what britt said hun its all different..when ken was in BMT after he was there for about 2 weeks he called about every sunday and got to talk for a while...i wrote ken everyday until i left for lackland and it helped time go by faster and i also went out with friends and worked alot so that helped too! BMT was really hard for me though, emotionally, i cried alot. Tech School is better because you have some way of communicating more and i liked tech school alot more than BMT i think all of us did! lol. but in the end, you may not see it now but this will make yalls relationship stronger! If you have any questions or just need to talk im here! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/mrobey89
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks! I just don't feel like myself right now :/
Back to top Go down
AFA1015
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 am

I wrote Zach every single day, and he LOVED it. They all love letters trust me. Like the girls said, it's different with their squadron. I didn't get many letters, or many phone calls but it was okay. In tech school, they will be able to use their cell phones again, and computers to contact everyone all the time, or as much as they can. Tech school is MUCH easier :) Just try to keep busy! It will go by much, much faster that way.
Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1525758992
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 am

I got his address this morning. I'm soo excited (:

Thank you soo much! It really means a lot (:
Back to top Go down
AFA1015
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 pm

I just saw that you're from Pennsylvania! So am I! What part are you from?
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Near Pittsburgh!
Back to top Go down
AFA1015
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Ohh okay. I'm about a half hour away from Philadelphia :)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy
E7 Master Sergeant
E7 Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 6:36 pm

I got 5 letters the whole time during BMT and I got a phone call every Sunday after his first week that all lasted about 5-10 minutes mostly. Keep in mind though that not everyone will get phone calls or letters, it really depends on how the flight is doing. After basic graduation, he will go to tech school for however long his school is. Tech school is so much easier than BMT because you get to talk to him everyday and you guys can skype and stuff.
I wrote Nick every single day while he was at BMT, and he really loved it. He said all the trainees loved getting letters because it was the one time they got to escape from BMT. :]
Good luck girl!!! BMT actually goes really fast! I wish I could redo it sometimes. :P
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Just this first week seems like it's going pretty quick, but then I remember I still have 4 months left!
Back to top Go down
sam_lynn11
E5 Staff Sergeant
E5 Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Try not to think of it as having 4 months left...just get through BMT and countdown to his graduation! BMT and tech school are sooo different...once you get through basic tech school is much easier!

I only got 4 letters and 4 phone calls the entire time Cody was at BMT...and it was rough. i also met some girls that were in Cody's flight or their guys were in the same week of BMT and that helped too...we kinda went through it together...thats actually how i met Caitlin on here!

I wrote Cody a letter every day sometimes twice a day and i was like you...really worried that he would get annoyed and think it was too much but he LOVED it and he said the days that he didnt get a letter, like the mail was backed up sucked(one day he got 8 of my letters at once) Every guy is different but i really doubt that he will get tired of the letters...its like their only escape and they really come to love and rely on it! Basic sucks...but if you keep yourself busy and keep writing those letters and dont let yourself get down if a phone call doesnt come when you are expecting it then you will be fine! and trust me...i think i can speak for ALL of these ladies when i say that the graduation weekend COMPLETELY MAKES UP FOR IT!!!! i can safely say that it was one of the greatest weekends of my life!!! and when you see him you will realize he missed you just as much!
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:36 pm

I don't know if I'm even going to graduation yet :/
Back to top Go down
sam_lynn11
E5 Staff Sergeant
E5 Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:41 pm

yeah sorry i saw that in your welcome post!! my bad!
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:41 pm

lol it's alright!
Back to top Go down
Brittany Victoria
E5 Staff Sergeant
E5 Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 9:34 pm

I know everything will work out :) just be there for him girl!
Back to top Go down
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

i'm just soo nervous! :/ thank you though! (:
Back to top Go down
Airmankisses
E8 Senior Master Sergeant
E8 Senior Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

I too, only got 4 letters and about 4 to 6 calls. His flight included a lot of very immature and unmotivated guys so they were always getting into trouble and their privilages would always get taken away. WRITE HIM EVERYDAY! I wrote every day and Shane said he LOVED it and helped him so much to keep going. Definitely try to keep the letters positive and encouraging. Leave out the negative stuff. I'm sure he'll really appreciate the letters. I've heard A LOT how much they look forward to mail call and getting a little piece of home. I really hope you could go to his BMT graduation! It's the best weekend ever!

BMT IS really tough and a majority of us know exactly what you're going through. Tech school is so much better. I talk to Shane EVERY day and we Skype here and there. It's so awesome.

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=711449713
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Ya from what everyone is saying I can't wait for bmt to be over so I can talk to him more
Back to top Go down
AirmansGirl2010
E9 Chief Master Sergeant
E9 Chief Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Fri May 06, 2011 3:45 am

Definitely write, write, write and WRITE SOME MORE! =) They absolutely love it! I promise. Like all the other gals said, it's their one escape from BMT. And when the mail gets backed up, they will dream about those letters! Just remember that no matter what, he is thinking about you. I can pretty much promise that he probably won't write you as much as you'll write him, but that's because he can't. Don't let that get you down and know that he would write you every day if it were possible. =)

I would highly suggest trying to find BMT support groups on facebook. It makes it so much easier if you can find a girl with a guy in the same flight as your honey. I got super lucky and ended up finding like 8 girls with guys in Tyler's flight. It helps because you can piece together more info about how their flight is doing because y'all can talk. I'd try Air Force Moms Support (it's not just for moms!) and ESPECIALLY USAF Basic Military Training. They post pictures of trainees so you may be able to see your man if you're lucky! =)

Caitlin & Tyler

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=lf#!/cjwallis2010
xmegiiex3
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 am

Lol welll I just looked at the USAF Basic Military Training page on fb and I'm pretty sure the flight number Herbie's mom gave me is wrong. Do you think he'll still get the letters I've sent if everything else is right?
Back to top Go down
natmar90
E2 Airman
E2 Airman

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 am

He should still get his letters. It may take them a little longer to get there. I had part of the address wrong for my first 5-6 letters, and I freaked out...but he got every single one of them. when you talk to him, ask him for the correct one to see if it's right though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to expect?   

Back to top Go down

What to expect?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: AirForce Life :: BMT & Tech School-
Jump to: